Intake & Referral Manager (part-time)
We are a community of helping professionals working together to enhance the emotional, psychological, and spiritual well being of individuals, families, organizations, and communities. We believe the roots of a healthy life are integrity, authenticity, wholeness, and connection. Our longevity and success derive from the inspirational courage of our clients, our deep commitment to learning, and a strength-based philosophy that fosters growth, strengthens identity, and promotes change.
One of the core values of Live Oak, and one upon which we were founded, is our belief in the value of difference. Consistent with this belief, we encourage the application of people of all colors, people of all cultures and ethnic backgrounds, people of all gender identities and expressions, people of all sexual/romantic attraction, people of any relational configuration, people of all abilities, people of all ages, people of all bodies, people of all military and non-military backgrounds, and people who hold and value multiple, complex, and intersecting identities.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field. Master’s degree in Social Work, Clinical Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field preferred. Individuals working towards a master’s degree concurrently are also encouraged to apply.
Expertise working with diverse populations through an intersectional lens.
Demonstrated commitment to and experience in utilizing anti-racist and anti-oppressive frameworks within your relationships and work.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent documenting and administrative skills, with a specific focus on attention to detail.
Demonstrated project and/or program management experience, including sustained attention to long-term and cyclical processes and broader organizational context.
Demonstrated experience in developing infrastructure, processes, procedures, organizational systems, and structures.
- At least 1-year working experience managing the administrative and/or clinical tasks of direct reports.
- At least 1-year experience in case management and/or intake/referral management in a clinical setting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a related field; or Ph.D./PsyD in Clinical Psychology.
- Licensure at the clinical level (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, etc.).
The Intake & Referral Manager will be responsible for these primary functions:
- Manage initial client inquiries for services (intake)
- Manage insurance/billing questions for clients and staff (related to intake)
- Manage collection and aggregation related to intake and referral data
- Manage external referral processes including the development of referral streams and related referral guides
- Task management and training of intake team members
- Manage Live Oak’s social media presence.
Specific tasks and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage intake inquiries and intake process (telephone, web-based, and internal referrals)
- Manage annual trainee case transfer process
- Manage staff questions and concerns related to intake process and client matching procedures, in support of the Chief Program Officer (CPO)
- Evaluate and modify existing systems to ensure adequate tracking of intake calls, capture rates, and trends that are arising and influencing Live Oak service delivery systems, including providing monthly intake reports to senior staff and to the larger Live Oak community during staff meetings
- Track staff, intern, fellow, and affiliates’ availability, clinical interests/preferences, and expertise areas, and connect potential clients with appropriate clinical services
- Attend community events and meetings as necessary decided by CPO; provide yearly reports to Live Oak community related to intake and referral data
- Manage caseload development of all new staff members, including conducting initial meetings to ensure collection of appropriate clinical information to aid in the caseload matching process
- Meet weekly with CPO to discuss emergent issues and concerns related to intake processes, including policy and procedural changes (when necessary)
- Manage quarterly intake team meetings
- Create and share social media posts promoting Live Oak trainings, events, new staff members, and more.
- Other duties as assigned by CPO and mutually agreed upon
Expected Hours Per Week
Chief Program Officer
- 401K plan available with employer contribution after 6 months of work or 500 hours of service
- Collaboration and consultation with experienced mentors
- Weekly supervision, which will attend to administrative and clinical development regardless of former experience in mental health and/or psychotherapy
- A working environment that values diversity and the strength that comes from difference
- Attendance at any Live Oak sponsored training event at no cost, space allowing
Please send a cover letter and resume to our Recruitment and Hiring Manager, Sakina Levin at email@example.com.